Online Poker News - Schedule Released for 42nd WSOP
27th of January 2011 - latestpokerbonuses.com
Novelties in 2011
The beginning of this week has been marked by the announcement of the 2011 schedule for the 42nd World Series of Poker (WSOP), a tournament which consists of a whole variety of poker variations. The tournament will be held at the Rio All-Suite Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada from 31 May to 19 July 2011, and the TV rights have once again gone to ESPN.
It was also specified that the 2011 WSOP will give away 58 gold bracelets to winners, which is one more than in 2010, and apart from this novelty, the tournament will contain certain additional events.
The numbers from 2010 showed that the tournament attendance increased 20 percent year over year. In addition, the record number of entries has been noted - 72,966 entries from 117 different countries, all of them competing for a share of the prize pool of $187 million and 57 championship gold bracelets.
There are two ways of pre-registration for the 2011 WSOP: one is on-site at the Main Cage of the Rio in Las Vegas and the other is online, via www.WSOP.com starting from 7 February 2011.
The peak of the tournament will be the “November Nine®” played from November 5-7 before a live audience. This event will get exclusive, prime time coverage from ESPN on 8 November 2011.
Jack Effel, WSOP Tournament Director who will oversee the event for the sixth consecutive year on this occasion said: "Something for everyone is the best way to describe the 2011 World Series of Poker schedule. It's staggering to think that last year alone the WSOP hosted nine of the 17 largest tournaments in poker history. We had 44 events produce more than a $1 million prize pool, so we can't wait to get at it again and offer players at all levels the best poker action on the planet."
• New Events -- $25,000 buy-in, No Limit Hold'em Heads-Up Championship for up to 256 players; $2,500 buy-in 10-Game Mix/Six-Handed (Event #29), offering a mix of 10 different poker games; $5,000 Pot Limit Omaha/Six-Handed (Event #35).
• Due to popular demand, the organizers decided to put the $2,500 Omaha/Seven Card Stud Hi-Low 8 or Better tournament back on the schedule.
• $50K Poker Players Championship for the Chip Reese Memorial Trophy.
• The Seniors-Only No-Limit Hold'em Championship with a $1,000 buy-in. The event is reserved for poker fans older than 50
• The Ladies Only No-Limit Hold'em Championship with a $1,000 buy-in.
• An added event in Triple Chance Tournaments.
• Daily Deepstack No-Limit Hold'em Tournaments – three one-day structured tournaments, not bracelet events.
For more information and the full schedule, visit: www.wsop.com/2011/
General Poker News Live Poker Tournaments
19th of May 2013
26th of April 2013
21st of May 2013
20th of May 2013
15th of April 2013
19th of April 2013
30th of April 2013
23rd of March 2013
Join now for full access to our online poker forum/chat plus receive our newsletter with news & exclusive bonuses every month.
Disclaimer Contact Us Privacy Gambling Help Site Map
LatestPokerBonuses.com © 2006-2013