Author Topic: BLUEDAY'S DAILY POKER BLOG  (Read 276796 times)

Offline Mission146

• United States Jr. Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 61
  • Referrals: 0
Re: BLUEDAY'S DAILY POKER BLOG
« Reply #300 on: May 07, 2012, 08:29:35 PM »
I agree - as I said in my blog - you can keep it cheep by not betting first.

Limit Hold'em heads up can certainly be cheap but I don't think Daniel Negreanu knew when to fold.  When he was re-raising after the river at showdown, he didn't even have a pair.  You can't get your opponent off a hand in heads up limit holdem - there isn't a huge stack to scare them off with and I think this was Daniel's mistake.

blue

KattBoots,

There is a post directed to you which is the last post on the previous page, so I didn't want you to miss that.

Blue,

I agree with that completely.  

The only thing that I would add, as a Semi-Tight player, is that a first impression is a lasting impression, so it can often be lucrative to do something like Negreanu did as soon as you take a seat at the table to convince your opponents that you are loose and aggressive.  This is especially true at a live game.

I usually like to play one of my first five hands until the end, even if it is absolute garbage.  I always speak with class, dignity and decorum, but I tend to dress loud and talk a good bit during a live game because those are the characteristics that an average player thinks a loose-aggressive player would have.  I finish selling myself as Loose-Aggressive by staying in until the end of one of my first five hands with absolute garbage, and re-raising after the River then showing my terrible bluff.

The lucrative advantage that this often brings until the end of a Limit Game is that nobody is scared of a lead-out or Re-Raise if it is coming from you, especially at the River, so you could have the Nuts or the Second-Best hand and someone with a pair (or better) is not going to respect your Raises and will often call you.

If more than half of the table changes, then you do the same thing again with a garbage bluff Re-Raise until the end after the River.  The reason you wait for MORE than half of the table to change is because a decent player who was there since you took your seat will now be onto your game and will start respecting your Raises.  In fact, a really good player will actually be able to figure out that, in reality, you're somewhat of a tight player because he'll realize that's only the second time you have Bluffed in that fashion.

For this reason, always try to remember who has been at the table longer than you, and if you get Heads-Up with one of those players in a hand, try to make yourself appear weak by slow-calling after the Flop regardless of how good your hand is.  After that, you can fire away if you have a Monster regardless of how long any of the opponents have been at the table.

If you get heads-up with one of the new players, remember that he thinks you are loose, so fire away post-flop if you have a dominant hand because he probably thinks you have nothing.

The following members gave a Thank You to this post:

Offline blueday

• Global Moderator
  • Almighty Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28627
  • -Receive: 18363
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #301 on: May 12, 2012, 09:17:04 AM »
A guaranteed tournament is a poker tournament with a set sum that will be available to be won no matter how many entries there are.....read more about guaranteed tournaments

Offline blueday

• Global Moderator
  • Almighty Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #302 on: May 13, 2012, 08:00:54 PM »
Rumours of problems for the Cake Network surfaced at the beginning of the week and confirmation arrived the following day that Lock Poker were to buy part of Cake. Some rebranding to Revolution Gaming will take place....poker news for the last week in brief

Offline blueday

• Global Moderator
  • Almighty Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #303 on: May 19, 2012, 06:33:56 PM »
"Blaze Poker" is the name and speed is definitely the game. It all sounds pretty much the same as other sites that have adopted this latest craze but unlike the others, with Stan James Poker you can enter the same cash game more than once. Happily, you will never play yourself at the same table. I think there would be something very spooky about seeing yourself seated at the same table in two different seats.....read more

Offline blueday

• Global Moderator
  • Almighty Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #304 on: May 20, 2012, 06:41:47 PM »
At one point I was big blind and I was dealt pocket aces. I hadn't really played a proper hand as such since the game started. I was hoping that one of the early positions would make a move with their 520 chips left and happily, they raised all in. Everyone folded except the dealer who also was all in with 480 chips. I immediately called both of them and even if I had lost, I would have still had around 800 chips left. Certainly enough chips to get me back into the game.....read more

Offline blueday

• Global Moderator
  • Almighty Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #305 on: May 26, 2012, 06:06:04 PM »
Up against the big stacks.....read my blog

Offline kattboots

• United States Mighty! Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3025
  • -Receive: 2006
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #306 on: May 26, 2012, 09:13:35 PM »
You wrote that so well blue... I was sitting there with you, watching the whole hand play out just as described. I could feel it in my gut at each word. I am so glad you ended it on an upbeat note or I would be feeling awful and folding those good hands. Thanks again for your poker wisdom!

katt

Offline blueday

• Global Moderator
  • Almighty Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #307 on: May 27, 2012, 05:03:31 PM »
The week's poker news in brief....read it here

Offline blueday

• Global Moderator
  • Almighty Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #308 on: June 02, 2012, 06:08:24 PM »
When will USA poker sites get their act together?  .....read more here

Offline kattboots

• United States Mighty! Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3025
  • -Receive: 2006
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #309 on: June 03, 2012, 02:43:58 AM »
Well, that blue, is one darn good question! All of these sites that are asking for our money and giving little in return are on borrowed time these days I think.

The US is moving steadily toward launching their own boat into this race and it will be a big blow to those sites currently "serving" the US players. There are very few of them that will garner any loyalty from players here for the very reasons you state in your blog.

I know my list of go to poker rooms is steadily dwindling... when even little things like the Tux Poker FunStep games that really cost them nothing, make a big difference. At least I know that I can log in there any day or night of the week and play a game of hold 'em...

katt

Offline blueday

• Global Moderator
  • Almighty Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #310 on: June 03, 2012, 04:00:12 AM »
It's a frustrating situation Katt not just for you guys but also for me.  I visit USA poker sites every day hoping that something will have changed.  The best example I can give is 1Bet2Bet Poker.  Nothing has changed on there in as long as I can remember.

I have no doubt that when poker is legalized and the licenses are being bought, the offers and promotions will come flooding in.  May that day come sooner rather than later.

blue

Offline blueday

• Global Moderator
  • Almighty Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #311 on: June 03, 2012, 06:56:21 PM »

Offline blueday

• Global Moderator
  • Almighty Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #312 on: June 10, 2012, 08:09:06 AM »
The WSOP

The above is a brief overview of the annual WSOP as it stands and it also tells you how much it would cost you to buyin to every event!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 04:05:34 PM by blueday »

Offline blueday

• Global Moderator
  • Almighty Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #313 on: June 10, 2012, 08:04:35 PM »
The poker week in brief...read it here

Offline blueday

• Global Moderator
  • Almighty Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #314 on: June 17, 2012, 04:39:15 AM »
If music be the food of love.....read on

What's going on right now!

4mins ago someone from us flag United States read article Phil Ivey Admits Reading the Cards at Mayfair Club Crockfords

Poker Community