Author Topic: POKER/GAMBLING NEWS  (Read 247884 times)

Offline Rosebud

• United States Mighty! Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1146
  • -Receive: 2409
  • Referrals: 0
Re: POKER/GAMBLING NEWS
« Reply #405 on: July 06, 2012, 11:51:36 AM »
I did watch some of the final table but I guess I missed that.I wish I had recorded it so I could watch it again!!
 I'd like to know if that was that the reason.
I just don't get the whole disrespect thing sometimes.To hurt or kill someone because you feel you or someone else has been disrespected...I mean....really...that's a reason??  :(

Offline kattboots

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3025
  • -Receive: 2006
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #406 on: July 06, 2012, 11:56:29 AM »
So blue, are they saying that Hellmuth sent 6 thugs to beat Trickett up? Or do you reckon it was just "fans" of Hellmuth that didn't like seeing him get bested in the tournament? Still just a sad situation. Disrespected him? That is a total gang attitude and mentality. I was riveted on that final table and I only saw everyone getting along and having a very good time.

I wonder if it might have had anything to do with the following?:

Well-known Poker Pro Robs English Player Sam Trickett

By Renee | June 8, 2012

Sam Trickett, the English professional poker player, fully approves of Daniel Negreanu’s suggestion that “shady people” in the poker gaming world must be chucked out. The poker pro recently expressed his frustration by posting a tweet, in which he stated that a well-known poker player had stolen some money from him and that he would expose the player if he fails to repay him.

Trickett has not yet revealed the name of the culprit, but has threatened to expose him completely if the matter is not immediately resolved in his favor. In the meantime, the poker gaming community is doing everything in its power to guess the name of the player who has annoyed Trickett so much.

Yesterday, Trickett tweeted, “I had money stolen from me by a well-known poker pro, that I thought was my friend! If he don’t call me soon, I’m going to expose him 4 what he is.”

Usually, poker players are kind and understanding toward bad debtors as they are in the habit of borrowing and lending from one another. In other words, borrowing and lending funds is part of life in the live poker world, and if anybody is publicly exposed as a bad debtor, it would be very difficult for him/her to conduct his/her daily business.

But poker pro Negreanu had disagreed with this policy. Calling it an “old school philosophy,” he had urged players to change their attitude. He said, “If you have shady people in your community, you should speak up. I don’t like this “don’t snitch” culture.”

Now, the online poker media is closely watching Trickett’s Twitter page, hoping that he will reveal a name. However, Trickett appears to have posted that tweet owing to temporary annoyance. Right now, the poker pro appears more interested in his performance in the World Series of Poker (WSOP) 2012 and is understandably eager to grab his first WSOP bracelet ever. Poker News says that it tried contacting Trickett to find out if he is willing to reveal more information about the poker pro who robbed him, but could not get any information.

Fans of Sam Trickett might remember that someone had tried hacking into his bank account last year not once, but twice. He had even posted an angry tweet about it. The mystery had remained unsolved last year, and this year, the poker community hopes that the name of the scammer will be revealed to the public.

katt
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 12:06:59 PM by kattboots »

The following members gave a Thank You to this post:

Offline blueday

• Global Moderator
  • Almighty Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28623
  • -Receive: 18357
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #407 on: July 06, 2012, 01:18:24 PM »
As far as I can tell from the news items I've read, they were, apparently, Hellmuth fans but that isn't to say that this debt thing might not have something to do with it.

It's a very interesting article Katt.  If he "blows the whistle" on the bad debtor, they will be unlikely to get any more loans from other poker players.  It could well have something to do with it - these thugs could have been sent as a warning from the player that owes him money.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the news.

blue

Offline blueday

• Global Moderator
  • Almighty Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #408 on: July 06, 2012, 01:38:27 PM »
Hmmm!

Just done a bit more research and it seems the poker player in question who owes him money could well be Andrew Feldman.  There was a bit of a "tweet" war going on between the two.

This was Trickett's Tweet

"not going 2 go in 2 detail but please nobody trust @Andrewfeldman1 ,the guy is a very deluded untrustworthy person.i found out the hard way" 

Trickett also made reference to him crying like a baby here is the video of it

blue

Offline Rosebud

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1146
  • -Receive: 2409
« Reply #409 on: July 06, 2012, 01:54:27 PM »
 :`o :`o Is it going to be "what A tangled web we weave" kind of thing ???

Offline blueday

• Global Moderator
  • Almighty Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #410 on: July 06, 2012, 06:45:30 PM »
:`o :`o Is it going to be "what A tangled web we weave" kind of thing ???

Definitely Rosebud.

blue

Offline kattboots

• Thank You
« Reply #411 on: July 06, 2012, 07:05:48 PM »
Can't wait to find out how this all ends.... intrigue... :'$ and we thought all the excitement was over.

katt

Offline vijaysaw123

• Sr.Newbie
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #412 on: July 12, 2012, 09:59:46 AM »
Nice information.This news is very beneficial for poker player

Offline blueday

• Global Moderator
  • Almighty Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #413 on: July 21, 2012, 06:37:41 PM »
Intrastate Legalization Meeting in Nevada Next Week

New chance for online poker to become legal in the state

On July 25, Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval and his 11-strong advisory Gaming Policy Committee will meet to discuss recommendations for the 2013 legislative session on the issue of real-money online poker.

The media reported that part of the discussions will relate to Assembly Bill 258, which legitimizes intrastate online poker in Nevada, subject to the approval of the US Department of Justice and Congress.

In addition, the committee's fourth meeting this year will also cover topics such as the strengthening of post-licensing regulatory standards for online poker companies.

Source

Offline kattboots

• Thank You
« Reply #414 on: July 21, 2012, 07:27:16 PM »
Excellent news blue! The wheels are turning however slowly! They are at least turning!

katt

Offline blueday

• Global Moderator
  • Almighty Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #415 on: July 21, 2012, 07:28:32 PM »
Excellent news blue! The wheels are turning however slowly! They are at least turning!

katt

True Katt.  "Slow" is a bit of an understatement though.

blue

Offline kattboots

• Thank You
« Reply #416 on: July 21, 2012, 07:33:19 PM »

katt
True Katt.  "Slow" is a bit of an understatement though.

blue
I know what you mean! While reading it I came to the part that said Intrastate meaning inside of Nevada only for now... then to the year 2013... and my heart sank a bit both times, but it is still very hopeful! I live in California and this state needs money badly. So, I am hoping they will be quick to jump on board once things really get going!

katt

Offline blueday

• Global Moderator
  • Almighty Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #417 on: July 21, 2012, 08:13:23 PM »
California are in the "process" too so hopefully it will be sometime next year for you too Katt.

blue

Offline blueday

• Global Moderator
  • Almighty Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #418 on: July 26, 2012, 06:33:46 PM »
New Movements in Nevada

First licenses to be issued within next three months

An announcement came this week that an intrastate online poker meeting of the Nevada Gaming Policy Committee, led by Governor Brian Sandoval, resulted in claims that the first real-money operator licenses can be issued within the next three months.

It has been stated by Nevada Gaming Control Board Chairman, Mark Lipparelli, that state officials and lawmakers will still be urged by the committee to expand their vision to state to state partnerships, in order to see liquidity and revenues boost.

Since the Gaming Policy Committee, with its 11 members, voted in favor of recommending language amendments from the 2011 online poker bill, it’s now only left to go through licensing and technology inspections.

Source

Offline kattboots

• Thank You
« Reply #419 on: July 26, 2012, 09:33:11 PM »
PROGRESS!! Can't help but get excited by this news! Thanks blue!

katt

What's going on right now!

15mins ago someone from us flag United States read article Blom Hits Nosebleed Tables Again!

Poker Community