Author Topic: Share your Bad Beats  (Read 94857 times)

Offline panettone0

• United Kingdom Hero Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 17
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Share your Bad Beats
« Reply #210 on: July 26, 2014, 05:33:53 AM »
Sommi - this has to stop surely.  You can't keep losing all this money. 

Time to change the game completely?  Do you play Omoha cash games?

I find 5 card stud a game to chill out on , very hard to lose mony quick. Somewhere u can go if your on bad beat road, but won't lose much

Offline Sommi

• Poland Super Hero
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 888
  • -Receive: 1643
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #211 on: July 26, 2014, 06:16:21 AM »

I can play most of poker games pretty well (even including Badugi  LOL), I'm playing Holdem for 2 reasons: it's easiest for me (so I can multi-table pretty well, as 2 sec are enough for me to count my outs, pot odds etc.) and it's a varianction of poker with lowest variance... If I'm losing because of variance by playing Holdem than I doubt switching to Omaha will be any good for me  ;D
Anyway, I feel cursed, I'm playing poker for like 5-6 years and there were like no months when I was getting no profits and recently... it's just a joke and a really bad one ;D

Last screenie is terrible on so many points , chasing a gutshot J at best and hitting flush.

Yeah, I had plenty hands like this one, fish never folds  ;/

Offline panettone0

• Thank You
« Reply #212 on: July 26, 2014, 10:51:23 AM »

I can play most of poker games pretty well (even including Badugi  LOL), I'm playing Holdem for 2 reasons: it's easiest for me (so I can multi-table pretty well, as 2 sec are enough for me to count my outs, pot odds etc.) and it's a varianction of poker with lowest variance... If I'm losing because of variance by playing Holdem than I doubt switching to Omaha will be any good for me  ;D
Anyway, I feel cursed, I'm playing poker for like 5-6 years and there were like no months when I was getting no profits and recently... it's just a joke and a really bad one ;D

Last screenie is terrible on so many points , chasing a gutshot J at best and hitting flush.

Yeah, I had plenty hands like this one, fish never folds  ;/

Wow its taken 5-6 years to feel bad beat blues run. U are lucky then Sommi ;)
When u go through 1\4 month phases where nothing is hitting , u start to right articles like I did couple pages back, It makes u wonder. Understand now why u did not reply. Or anyone should I say.
Its a bit like have u seen a ghost or felt its presence ?  Think we have a nut job here !!
By the way, never seen a ghost ;)

Offline blueday

• Global Moderator
  • Almighty Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28627
  • -Receive: 18362
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #213 on: July 26, 2014, 01:07:39 PM »
Jeez!! 5% chance, gotta love the avatar though. Bet next hand was a insta fold from blind mice.
Sommi, I've been wanting to say this for a long time but thought some peeps might think I'm crazy. I would say 7\10 times when I go all in pre flop and I see their cards I know when I'm going to lose even though I'm ahead.
Talking @ the bubble in sng and short stacked e.g A 10 vs 10 7 soot. Soon as I see that I know I'm done or KK vs A2 river hit of course ;)
Because I have not played on PS for a while I forgot that when i reach FT and have good stack, FOLD those AQ AK even though I'm ahead pre flop. More likely they hit dominated card and i get busted out soon afterwards.

I play a lot of 45 plyr sng turbo

Past two days I've gone back too nit mode @ FT and just about even, got piised off wasting my time and not making mony and giving it a break.

Hard for u to understand maybe coz your a cash gamer and not multi tabling ?

what are your thoughts ?

Sommi - this is the post pannetone0 is referring to after you posted the below hand:

I played for 3 minutes today. Yay. I guess I'll lose my LCB's chips tomorrow, not in a mood for that... *thing* today anymore.

Offline Sommi

• Poland Super Hero
  • Thank You
« Reply #214 on: July 26, 2014, 01:45:34 PM »
Damn, no sleep for like 30 hrs, I had to read both posts like 5 times to understand what you are talking about.  :D

Wow its taken 5-6 years to feel bad beat blues run. U are lucky then Sommi ;)
When u go through 1\4 month phases where nothing is hitting , u start to right articles like I did couple pages back, It makes u wonder. Understand now why u did not reply. Or anyone should I say.
Its a bit like have u seen a ghost or felt its presence ?  Think we have a nut job here !!
By the way, never seen a ghost ;)

Of course I've had a lot of downswings already (the ones on HU NL100 hurt really badly (I still remember things like AA 4-bet pot vs A6s lost LOL; my personal record was losing 11x AA pre-flop in a row (vs single opponent it's at least 0,2^11 = 0.000002% to have such a bad run) but things like that happen on higher limits to anyone I know. Permanently losing on NL2 is just unacceptable. I understand that someone can keep losing for week or two (I always had some bad session like every 7-10th day) but come on... over 2 months of sick boards?

And about folding AK - I usually nit hard to avoid bubble in MMTs too but playing "scary money" isn't good thing as well, you always can have crap run and blinds eat your stack pretty quickly at late stage of sng/mtt. AKs is still 34% vs KK, almost a flip vs QQ- so it's not so bad. A lot of people shove AQ, AJ if they are running short of blinds so you have over 70% vs hands like these.
And yeah, sometimes I grind 24 tables  ;)

(excuse me for this crap post but I'm too tired to think  ;D)

Offline panettone0

• Thank You
« Reply #215 on: July 26, 2014, 09:15:10 PM »
Fully explained and not crap at all.
Losing 11 x AA vs single opponent is deeeep, would put that in a dark place where u would never find it again. 
Here are a couple things I've noticed went grinding more tables than I can chew \ not saying u but  might notice something similar in general

1 .  Auto pilot can be very dangerous when against regulars who are playing 1\2 or 3\4 less tables than u. They pick up on this and steals pots without u noticing . When they see u take time to check\raze\fold they are less confident . The only players who respect u are the fellow grinders who know your stats, till u get near the bubble of sit n go of course ;)

2 .  When on bad downswing I tend to lose faith in what I do and start to play strong hands different or not putting good price for player to call. This can happen to anyone, we are only human and react different to happened just one minute ago. It is very hard to keep the same straight line when u do the right thing but nothing comes good out of it.

Bottom line take a break just a couple days, hope u sleep 30 hrs to get it out of your system , take care dude.

Offline Sommi

• Poland Super Hero
  • Thank You
« Reply #216 on: July 26, 2014, 11:15:05 PM »
yeah, I had a nap soon after I posted here.  ;)

and played again for like 10 minutes.

Had 2 flips AK vs JJ both times, both results were like:

LOL

Too tired to make screens of hands like 9Ts @ T9x vs AA lost and so on. Well, perhaps someday I will finally win something.  ;D

1. Yeah, I know, that's why I never multi table NL 10 +, not worth it. But NL2... with number of fish here it's pretty much worth it  ;D
2. Yeah, me too, almost all of us do that, I guess. That's why when I'm not playing my A-game I just stop playing (if you read my previous posts then most of my poker sessions ended after like 15 minutes  LOL)

Well, time for another day off.  :P

The following members gave a Thank You to this post:

blueday, panettone0

Offline Sommi

• Poland Super Hero
  • Thank You
« Reply #217 on: July 27, 2014, 05:16:40 PM »
I decided to have a short session (well, this one was a very short one, I paid one BB, lost on SB and rage quit  :D)

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/10069446_4E967C5142

blueday, panettone0

Offline blueday

• Global Moderator
  • Almighty Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #218 on: July 27, 2014, 06:46:39 PM »
That sucked Sommi.  Doomswitch indeed!

Offline Sommi

• Poland Super Hero
  • Thank You
« Reply #219 on: July 27, 2014, 08:31:19 PM »
Wow, I'm pretty much shocked, finally had a pretty good session. I mean, I had some sick suck outs or coolers like:

..but at least I managed to won like 8 BI's. I hope that software will let me to win for a while now  ;D

Offline blueday

• Global Moderator
  • Almighty Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #220 on: July 28, 2014, 04:11:59 AM »
Lets hope it's a turning point for you. 

Offline panettone0

• Thank You
« Reply #221 on: July 28, 2014, 06:35:07 AM »
Lets hope it's a turning point for you. 

+1

Offline panettone0

• Thank You
« Reply #222 on: July 31, 2014, 01:00:00 PM »
had me beat all the way but luv the limp in late, I thought 78 at worst post flop :D
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 05:46:18 PM by blueday »

Offline panettone0

• Thank You
« Reply #223 on: July 31, 2014, 01:02:44 PM »
had me beat all the way but luv the limp in late, I thought 78 at worst post flop :D

Sorry do not know how to delete 1st screenie

Offline panettone0

• Thank You
« Reply #224 on: July 31, 2014, 01:04:27 PM »
I would have sleepless nights if this happened to me in this $1M buy-in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V7aA0RHK-Q

What's going on right now!

7mins ago someone from us flag United States read article Sam Trickett Takes Three Trophies in 2012 British Poker Awards

Poker Community